An algorithm for introduction of wind energy
The main steps you should undertake in the adoption process are:
- Assessment of the electric energy demand-that can be assessed on basis of current costs for electric energy of conventional sources.
- Assessment of the wind potential of the region.
- Determination of the particular place, where the wind generator will be mounted.
- Contact with some equipment suppliers and receiving offers.
- Assessment of the nominal power of the wind generator in compliance with the mean annual speed of the wind and energy demand.
- Analyze offers and selection of the most appropriate kind of wind generator and supplier on basis proportion price/nominal capacity.
- Preparation of financial evaluation of the project- capital costs, operation costs, expected incomes and term for payback investment.
- Financial insurance of the project- own capital evaluation, a possibility for drawing in a credit resource, funding by national or European programs and initiatives. (See chapter 6).
- Creation of a project for technology adoption –construction approval, report for Evaluation on environmental effect and etc.
- Sign of a contract for sale of produced energy, when it exceeds the enterprise own demand.
- Order of the selected equipment. .
- Selection and sign of a contract with a company specialized in mounting and maintenance of the wind generator. (If the supplier does not do that)
- Training organizing for wind generator operation staff.
- Wind generator mounting by a specialized company.
- Setting probations for the wind generator.
- Receiving wind generator by the company for mounting and maintenance.
- Starting wind generator operation.
A piece of advice - small wind generators up to 10 kW nominal power can be installed unaided.
N.B!!!!! Do regular inspection and comply with the technical requirements of the company, producer of the equipment